President Biden nominated Ms. Hidalgo for the Director of the Office of Violence Against Women position in late May 2022. She currently serves on the White House Gender Policy Council (GPC) as the Senior Advisor on Gender-Based Violence and as Special Assistant to the President. Previously, she was Esperanza United’s Senior Director of Public Policy.
Ms. Hidalgo has worked to end gender-based violence for over 25 years as a national policy advocate and public servant. She is beloved by the advocacy community and known for her leadership and vision.
We encourage you to contact your Senators and let them know you support Ms. Hidalgo’s nomination for OVW Director. Some key talking points about Ms. Hidalgo:
- Ms. Hidalgo is a nationally recognized leader in both the Latin@/x/e community and gender-based violence networks given all of her work on prevention and advocacy programs.
- Ms. Hidalgo has over 25 years of experience in legislative policy development and implementation, advocacy, grant and program management, and training related to gender-based violence.
- She previously served as Deputy Director for Policy at the Department of Justice Office on Violence Against Women.
- Ms. Hidalgo started her career as a legal aid attorney and has a firm understanding of the law and client-services.
- She leads with integrity, transparency, and compassion.
- OVW provides essential leadership across the federal in addressing and ending domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking and Ms. Hidalgo is the right leader for OVW.