Esperanza United works to ensure that policies nationwide are responsive to the needs and realities of Latin@ communities, advocating for enhanced rights and protections for survivors, immigrants, and Latin@s. We:
- Identify and advance public policy priorities and resources for Latin@ communities to end gender-based violence
- Bring the voices and lived realities of Latina survivors and Latin@ communities to the table during national policy conversations and decision-making processes
- Influence and help shape national policy through advocacy, education, and community organizing
- Increase access to resources for Latin@ community-based organizations so they can better serve Latin@ survivors
- Build Latin@s’ ability to engage in policy advocacy on the local, state, and national level
- Advance our policy agenda through strategic partnerships with groups such as the National Task Force to Sexual and Domestic Violence (NTF), the Domestic Violence Resource Network (DVRN), the National Hispanic Leadership Agenda (NHLA), and the Alliance for Immigrant Survivors (AIS).
- Serve as a conduit between systems and Latin@ communities and advocates, demystifying bureaucracies so Latin@s can better engage in system advocacy.