January is National Stalking Awareness Month, an annual call to action to recognize and respond to this dangerous victimization. This month, we want to highlight WomensLaw’s resources for victims and survivors of stalking.
On WomensLaw.org, you can find plain-language information, in English and Spanish, on:
- Stalking and cyberstalking
- Assessing lethality risks
- State- and territory-specific legal information about stalking crimes
- Restraining orders to prevent stalking and domestic violence
- Safety planning strategies for stalking victims
- Gathering and using digital evidence of cyberstalking
- Workplace restraining orders for employers whose employees are being stalked and abused
- And more
Stalking cases are challenging. Advocates, survivors, and others with specific questions can use the bilingual WomensLaw Email Hotline to get timely, personalized legal information and referrals and have a follow-up chat with an attorney.
Join the REACH staff!
Come be part of REACH! Esperanza United is hiring a Training Specialist and a REACH Project Staff Attorney to work in partnership with NNEDV to enhance and expand the capacity of the WomensLaw Email Hotline. Apply today!