There are many promising practices throughout this website, however, we would like to highlight the following promising practices:
- The use of glossaries to have consistent usage of words spoken in your community
- Ongoing Language Access trainings for all staff
- Periodically reviewing the codes of ethics and guidelines for interpretation practices.
- National Association for Interpretation
- National Association of Judiciary Interpreters and Translators
- The Community Legal Interpreter Bank (The Bank) is also an innovative approach that is focused on developing as many qualified, professional legal interpreters as possible. The Bank provides professional training for interpreters and tests them to ensure competence in their language skills, understanding of the legal system, and adherence to ethical standards. The Bank currently serves 27 legal services providers with 100 legal interpreters that speak about 40 languages.